CRANBERRY & GINGER BOURBON SMASH (adopted from www.dailydish.com)
1 cup high quality honey
1 cup water
1 cup fresh cranberries
3 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch chunks
Favorite bourbon or whiskey
Fresh thyme sprigs, rosemary or mint for garnish
- In a small saucepan bring the honey and water to a low boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the cranberries and ginger.
- Simmer the mixture for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture has reduced by 1/3.
- Remove from heat and let the syrup steep for an additional 15 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve–saving the cranberries for garnish.
Fill each cocktail glass with a little ice, an ounce of bourbon and 1-2 Tablespoons of the simple syrup. Top with soda water and serve.